[TYPO3-english] edit template without using backend

Mark Smith typo3org at awayand.sleepmail.com
Sat Mar 13 18:48:49 CET 2010

Hello there,

I've been using the template editor in the backend to fidget with
typoscript, but I find it very annoying that every time I hit "save" to
preview the results, my browser (firefox and IE) jumps back to the top
of the source code and I have to scroll to the right spot again to
change the values.

Is there another way to edit the template? I am assuming the code is in
a table, so no easy text-file access is possible. Or is there a
workaround to stop the browser from jumping back to the top once the
"save" button is clicked?

thanks!