[TYPO3-english] How to secure download ?

J. Bakshi joydeep at infoservices.in
Sat Mar 13 17:34:07 CET 2010

Dear list,

I am seeking for a suggestion from you.

We, the typo3 users generally provide download-able content like pdf, mp3 etc at our typo3 powered sites. The download link can easily be accessed by robot and the actual problem starts if these files are repeatedly downloaded by any automated scripts/robot to eat the bandwidth. Is there any typo3 extension which allows the download only after getting a predefined password/code ? In this way automated scripts can be restricted I think, even it reads the link.

Or any extension which can create a random link for a single session only

Any suggestion/idea is most welcome.

Thanks