[TYPO3-english] complete copy of language

messsi messsi messsi bilal_ at live.nl
Fri Mar 12 11:09:19 CET 2010

From: hphoeksma at stylence.nl
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:51:56 +0100
To: typo3-english at lists.typo3.org
Subject: [TYPO3-english]  complete copy of language

Hi list,

I need a full copy of a language and all it's content. (After that the
content will be altered).

I found the extension 'copylang' but that doesn't seem to work (4.3.2,
TV 1.4.1).

Anyone a suggestion on how to accomplish this?

Gr.

Henjo
http://www.stylence.nl/

Hi Henjo,

Did you read the user manual? Maybe you forgot a step or two:

- Install
 the div2007 extension before copylang.

- Insert a plugin and set the
starting point and recursion on the second options palette.

- The langage
will be copied only on the pages starting with this one and those which
are covered by the recursion.

- Change the setup if you want to copy more
than one language.

- You must be logged in as a backend user or nothing
will happen when your execute the plugin function in the frontend.

- You
 shall remove this plugin again, after all copying has been finished.

- You cannot execute it a second time on the same pages. Or otherwise
 you
will have many duplicate content elements and language overlays for a
language.

By searching on "copy language" in the Extension Repository, I see
other extensions which you may try.

HTH