[TYPO3-english] treeLevel = -1

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Wed Mar 10 16:22:54 CET 2010

> Thanks for helping me further. I already thought of your solution,
> and I had implemented it, but it isn't really a nice (or clean)
> solution for "the customer". Why? Because we (the developers) have
> predefined how many treeLevels there are which will work with the
> menu on the left side; If the customer wants to add 10 levels more,
> we really have a problem. Besides, if we are on Level 3, we can't see
> the subitems of Level 3 anymore (because of the entryLevel). That's
> why I really searched for a condition which could replace "treeLevel
> = -1" (so I don't have to predefine anything. It would always get the
> menu-items of 1 level up.)

Actually that's not what you described before, but anyway it's still the
solution I already posted:

treeLevel = -2

will always get the menu items of the parent page, in other words:
It will show the siblings of the current page

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de