[TYPO3-english] "Page uses content from this page"

Marcel Remmy marcel.remmy at fh-kl.de
Wed Mar 10 15:18:18 CET 2010

Hi there,

you can show the content of another page (source page, lets take pid 23)
on the current page (let´s take pid 42) by selecting this option in the
page properties under "Options". Personally i don´t like to use this
that all, but it´s heavily used on a page i administrate.

using the templavoila (1.4.1) page module on a TYPO3 4.3.2 i now found a
very leightweight, but confusing bug. Maybe this is obsolete to mention,
but i got counting reports by editors that get confused about that.

Okay... here it is:

Page "foo" (pid 23) holds a bunch of content elements.

Page "bar" (pid 42) is set up to show content elements of page foo.

If i go to the page "foo" in the backend, everything is good.

If i go to page "bar" in the backend, there´s shown a blue box telling
me this: "Page uses content from this page: foo (PID 23)".

I really appreciate this message. it is important to show this.

But: if i click on "foo (PID 23)", the content of page "foo" is shown
below, but the page tree view does not update.

Now i can edit stuff on page "foo" but the page tree shows me, i´m on
"bar". It a bit inconsistent, doesn´t it?

My question is now: is this an ajax round trip error, or is it designed
this way and only a few people do not get this, or is this behaviour on
my system only...

How do you think about the function described above? :-)

hoping for a nice chat,
Marcel

ps: i don´t think this is related to templavoila at all as the page
properties are available without it ^^