[TYPO3-english] tt_address / Backend / extend with Javascript

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Sat Mar 6 23:01:25 CET 2010

Thorsten van Stipriaan wrote:

> To realize that, additional Javascript has to be accessible in the
> backend flexform of tt_address. We found no way to implement Javascript
> header information, through an Extension. Is that even
> possible/reasonable?

It is possible. First I would suggest to have a look at the
"rggooglemaps" extension - it is a very nice extension from Georg Ringer.

If you want to modify the output of tceforms (the forms rendered for
editing content elements, tt_address records or your own custom records)
then have a look at t3lib/class.t3lib_tceforms.php ...

there are quite a few hooks you can use, and finally there are TCA types
like "user" which allows you to create php code rendering a whole field:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.2.0/view/4/2/#id4302851

This should allow you to put necessary JS code into the form.

greets,
Bernhard