[TYPO3-english] index_rel table

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 6 16:05:57 CET 2010

Pero Matic wrote:
> Is it safe to truncate this table (index_rel)? According to this:
>
> http://www.dirkgomez.de/en/typo3-indexed-search-and-tt-news-index-rel-growth

It's fairly safe to empty most index_* tables (I wouldn't empty the
config table though). You will lose the search results, but invoking
crawler will fill the tables pretty soon.

An alternative could be to remove the indexes (except the primary key)
before converting it and creating the indexes again afterwards. The last
time I looked it up MySQL performed a conversion to InnoDB by:
- creating a new table with engine=innodb
- copying each record to the new table
- removing the old table and renaming the newly created table

It used to be faster to create an index after filling a table than
filling a table with an index.

--
Jigal van Hemert.