[TYPO3-english] tt_address / Backend / extend with Javascript

Thorsten van Stipriaan stipriaan at quadracom.de
Fri Mar 5 10:41:54 CET 2010

Hi,

this is about a geolocation (Google API) extension we are about to
realize. Therefore it offered to use the tt_address extension an give
the tt_address table the neccessary two new fields through our new
extension. No problems until here.

Now the tricky part. While entering address data in tt_address, the
extension should retrieve geolocation data "on the fly". Therefore, when
saving the record, the two fields will be filled already.

To realize that, additional Javascript has to be accessible in the
backend flexform of tt_address. We found no way to implement Javascript
header information, through an Extension. Is that even
possible/reasonable?

Greetings,
Thorsten van Stipriaan