[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 4.3.2/RTE in Safari:

Ulrich Lorenz PHZ Luzern lorenz.ulrich at phz.ch
Thu Mar 4 00:09:45 CET 2010

Hello list

A customer uses Safari to edit his TYPO3 page. He informed me about strange line breaks in the Frontend and I found out that the editing text in a RTE using Safari inserts non-breaking spaces ( ) instead of "normal" spaces. So a line of text looks like

I'm%nbsp;very interested in that

problem and that disturbs the appearance of the page.

Since he's working on the site for some months (without problems), I think there could be a relation to the TYPO3 4.3.2 update.

So if anyone out there is running 4.3.2 and has Safari installed (Mac or Windows doesn't matter, on my Windows client I had the same problem), I would appreciate any confirmation for this - and of course hints for a solution.

Regards,

Lorenz