[TYPO3-english] How to configure page redirections?

Patrick Perroud p.perroud at free.fr
Fri Jun 25 08:21:40 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am new to Typo3 and need to make a developer copy of an existing site in order to test modifications on localhost before they are eventually deployed online - etc.

I was able to duplicate the entire site and related databases and to run it from my local system - but most href links are re-written on the fly and related pages  are loaded from the online site - not from my local copy - which is hardly helpful to have modifications tested from my local system...

In most page headers I can read stuff like this:

<head>
	<base href="http://www.mysite.xyz/" />

etc...

I suppose this is something I should be able to re-configure somewhere - so there is my question: How do I re-configure page redirections (assuming this is really the issue I need to address) to have the local site pages loaded from my local system but NOT from the online site as it's actually hapenning - as the local thing is just a plain duplicate from the online site...

Any advice or pointer to have this issue addressed would be very much appreciated indeed.

Best regards

Patrick Perroud