[TYPO3-english] Macina Search box - multilanguages [Chinese, Hindi etc]

ppraveenk praveen.penupati at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 10:52:55 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I have multilanguage setup for my website.
I use automake template parser extension in my setup.
I use macina search box on my home page.
I want the search labels translated to Chinese, Hindi and Kannada.
I tried adding corresponding values in 'locallang.php'.
All I can see on my page is some wierd characters.
Can somebody please tell me how can I add the chinese, Hindi and Kannada
characters in the PHP array?
I tried with stuff like changing the encoding type to UTF8 and using
utf8_encode/utf8_decode functions, but not able to resolve the issue.
I had also tried to replace the search box markers with values in my
TYPOSCRIPT setting like below:
# Search box configuration
plugin.tx_macinasearchbox_pi1 {
  pidSearchpage = 20
  templateFile = fileadmin/templates/macina_searchbox.html
  marks.HEADLINE = COA
  marks.HEADLINE.1 = HTML
  marks.HEADLINE.1{
  value = Search
  value.lang.zh_CN = 搜索
  }
}

I am not pretty sure if the above approach is correct as I am a newbie to
TYPO3.
Please help me figure out how can I obtain translation for search box labels
HEADLINE and ADVANCED.

Cheers!
praveen.