[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 4.4.0

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Wed Jun 23 23:16:57 CEST 2010

Den 23.06.2010 22:16, skrev Victor Livakovsky:
> Hi,
>
>> I just downloaded the introduction package and set it up. It worked
>> perfectly and I got the test site. When I click any of the links in the
>> top menu (like "Get Started" or "Examples") I get an 404 error. What's
>> wrong with my installation?
>
> I don't know the contents of introduction package, but it seems that
> this is related to enabled RealURL and missing .htaccess with
> mod_rewrite options.
> Check for it's existance and contents.
>
> Regards.

The introduction package has correct .htacces, the problem should be
missing mod_rewrite or wrong settings in Apache, for instance
AllowOverride Noen. It could also be that Johannes is using Windows
which has some mod_rewrite problems.

The seems that the introduction packackage has realUrl enabled as standard.

Johannes:
If you don't have access to change Apache, then you can turn of realUrl.
Use Template in left menu, go to page page_configuration (subpage of
TypoScript Templates). Choose Info/modify in drop-down (right part,
upper left). Choose page.config template (drop-down) and open Setup. In
line 17 you change tx_realurl_enable = 1 to tx_realurl_enable = 0 or
commenting out the line.

Regards
Erik Svendsen