[TYPO3-english] Menu/Sitemap content element

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 23 19:48:30 CEST 2010

Graham Knight wrote:
> I have a long set of pages, (in fact course syllabuses), each of
> which has keywords in the meta-data - for example Term: 1, Term: 2,
> etc. All these are sub-pages of a main index page titled "Syllabus
>
> I would like to have a set of subsidiary index pages; one listing
> just the term 1 courses, one the term 2 etc. I have tried to do this

That's where TypoScript shows its strength:

10 = CONTENT
10 {
	wrap = <ul>|</ul>
	table = pages
	select {
			# ID of page of which the subpages should be
			# listed
		pidInList = 25
			# fields to be used
		selectFields = uid, title
			# selection to search for keywords
		where = keywords LIKE 'whatever,%' OR keywords LIKE '%,whatever,%' OR
keywords LIKE '%,whatever'
			# sort field
		orderBy = title ASC
	}
		# definition of how to render
	renderObj = TEXT
	renderObj {
			# use title as link text
		field = title
			# link to page
		typolink.parameter.field = uid
		wrap = <li>|</li>
	}
}

In the example above I used "whatever" as the keyword you want to
display a list for. All pages are subpages of page with id 25.

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl