[TYPO3-english] pop-up menus not working in IE

Rob De Vries dev at rob-ot.be
Wed Jun 23 10:41:18 CEST 2010

Miguel Guerrero - Tu3w <mg at tu3w.net> wrote:

> Hi Bernd,
> we check your suggestion, however couldn't find any error (using the add-on
Firefox Console2).

> The errors are appearing in every Internet Explorer version, 6, 7 and 8.
>
> BTW, the submenus under your page are working in all versions of IE, except 6.
IE6 does only allow :hover on a, not on other elements.
this wil not work in IE6:
div#menuv ul.niveau1v li.level1v:hover ul.level2v,
div#menuv ul.level2v li.level1v:hover ul.level3v {display:block; background:
#FF6;}

if you need to have this working in IE as well, you'll need to add some JS to
get hover to work on other elements as well (jquery suckerfisch for ex)

> Any other code we may use, which is compatible with IE? Or is it something
with the code itself?

nope, it's IE6 that s*cks ;)

Rob