[TYPO3-english] mm_forum button icons... black backgrounds? Argh!

Andrew Plank plankmeister-NO at SPAM-hotmail.com
Mon Jun 21 14:20:40 CEST 2010

On 17-06-2010 09:52, Andrew Plank wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm setting up an mm_forum, and it all works very nicely pretty much
> directly out of the box. However, I'm having problems with the generated
> icons... The icons in the buttons that are GIFBUILDER objects end up
> with a black background. Is this a known issue? Has anyone ever seen
> this before? I've played around with my graphics setup and the setup in
> TS for the buttons, but nothing really works. The only other outcome
> from all the combinations I've tried is a clipped corner of a large
> icon, instead of a resized icon. Very frustrating!

> tia
>
> Andrew Plank

Ok... problem found. The site was developed on a server that doesn't
have IM/GM. So the dev team installed the extension jb_gd_resize to get
around the issue. This disables IM, even when there is access to it. I
uninstalled the extension, and everything works as it should now.