[TYPO3-english] Typo3 4.2.6 upgrade?

Philipp Gampe typo3.list at philippgampe.info
Sun Jun 20 23:25:01 CEST 2010

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 21:39:21 +0200, Benoit Montereau wrote:
> Steffen,
> Thanks for your reply. Is the workflow to upgrade from 4.2.6 to 4.2.12
> the same as the next step 4.2.12 -> 4.4?

yes workflow is the same, but I would advice to do:
4.2.6-->4.2.12-->4.3.3-->4.4.0
as upgrades are mostly tested for one version step only

> By the way, can you or someone else explain me how the good working of
> the different extensions I used in 4.2.6 is guaranteed in 4.4?

they all ship without warranty and fitness for any purpose ;)

Most extension will still work in 4.4 if they did in 4.3 (but might not
if they did in 4.2)
But this depends on the extension... just try and see what you get

Best regards
Phil