[TYPO3-english] Typo3 4.2.6 upgrade?

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sun Jun 20 23:16:50 CEST 2010

Am 20.06.2010, 21:39 Uhr, schrieb Benoit Montereau <bmontereau at gmail.com>:

> Steffen,
> Thanks for your reply. Is the workflow to upgrade from 4.2.6 to 4.2.12
> the same as the next step 4.2.12 -> 4.4?
No, between patch level releases, you only have to change the sources.
While upgrading to the next minor version (4.2 -> 4.3 or even 4.2->4.4,
which should also work), you have to run the Upgrade Wizards in the
Install Tool.

> By the way, can you or someone else explain me how the good working of
> the different extensions I used in 4.2.6 is
> guaranteed in 4.4?
No guarantee, of course. First upgrade your extensions, then the Core.

Also see Dmitry's ebook:
http://dmitry-dulepov.com/e-books/typo3-installation-and-upgrade.html

Steffen