[TYPO3-english] Using ActiveRecord from adodb

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sat Jun 19 13:24:52 CEST 2010

Hi Filype,

> I am wanting to use the activeRecord from adodb. I know that typo3 has adodb
> as a system extension. My idea is to create a object mapping tool.
>
> Here are more details: http://adodb.sourceforge.net/
>
> Anyone with experience can help me with some good tips?

I do not have any special experience with ActiveRecords which are
explained on [1] but it's a bit complicated to give you hints as you
don't describe much what you try to achieve. What do you mean with
"create a object mapping tool"? Do you want to create some visual editor
for your extensions? Do you plan to introduce a new way of creating
extensions? etc.

You may have a look at what is done with extbase_kickstarter in term of
ORM system.

As you pointed out, ADOdb is a system extension that is used by DBAL to
access the databases. As such, you may use it freely as you wish.

Regards

Xavier Perseguers

[1] http://phplens.com/lens/adodb/docs-active-record.htm