[TYPO3-english] absRefPrefix not used for images in rtehtmlarea

Ron Hall ronslists at busynoggin.com
Fri Jun 18 18:06:28 CEST 2010

Hello Stephan,

I actually posted something along this line on the RTE list. Following is my question and Stanislas Rolland's suggestion. I have not tried it yet.

> Is there a way for the front-end output to display absolute paths for magic images in the RTE?
>
> I need this:
>
> src="http://mydomain.com/uploads/RTEmagicC_10_million_pixels_IMG_0961_02.jpg"
>
> not this:
>
> src="uploads/RTEmagicC_10_million_pixels_IMG_0961_02.jpg"
>
> I have set "config.absRefPrefix = http://mydomain.com/" which takes care other images and all links (including RTE) but does not take care of images inside the RTE itself.

Suggestion from Stanislas

Hope you found the solution to this issue. For the record:

You can use the Install tool to add uploads/ directory to installation variable "additionalAbsRefPrefixDirectories". Then magic images created in uploads/ directory will be prefixed.

Thanks,
Ron