[TYPO3-english] indexed_search results templating

Lee M. Childress leemchildress at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 15 02:40:07 CEST 2010

> 1. Right now the output displays Searchword and Searchresults. Where

> do I edit the language to make Search Word and Search Results (two words).

Actually, I can't see, where you've found 'Searchword' and 'Searchresults',
but any label may be overridden this way:

plugin.tx_indexedsearch._LOCAL_LANG.<language_code>.<label> = My own text
for label where <language_code> should be valid language code, like en, de,
ru and so on (or 'default' for default lenaguage), <label> is valid
indexed_search label, that may be found at
'typo3/sysext/indexed_search/pi/locallang.xml'

I WAS ABLE TO FIX THIS BY MODIFYING css_styled_content.

> 2. Currently the results are shown first and then the search form at

> the bottom. I would rather have the search form BEFORE the results
listing.

As far as I see, the only way to do this is to place two 'indexed_search'

plugins on a pge, but with two different templates. First should contain
###RESULT_OUTPUT### template only, second one - ###SEARCH_FORM### only.

Have a look at typo3/sysext/indexed_search/pi/indexed_search.tmpl to see,
what I'm talking about.

I CAN PROBABLY MODIFY THIS ONCE I GET THE TEMPLATE WORKING. SEE LAST
QUESTION.

> 3. When my results are displayed, all that shows is the page title and

> the paragraph where the search word was found. How do I get the icon,

> size, created date, modified date, and path to show as well?

Default template contains markers for icon, size, date and so on. Probably
you're using non-default template, so you need to have a look at a path from
previous item to see the names of a markers.

INDEXED_SEARCH IS NOT USING THE DEFAULT TEMPLATE. I HAVE TRIED SETTING A
TEMPLATEFILE (plugin.tx_indexedsearch.templateFile) AND STILL NOTHING. IN
FACT, NO INDEXED_SEARCH CONFIGURATION HAS ANY EFFECT. I CANNOT SHOW/HIDE
RULES (ALWAYS OFF), I CANNOT SHOW THE ADVANCED LINK UNDER THE SEARCH FORM .
NO CONFIG SHOWS, AND YET THE EXTENSION WORKS. I AM GETTING RESULTS, BUT JUST
TITLE AND CONTENT; NO ICON, FILE SIZE, PATH, DATES, ETC.

Can someone help this poor ole frustrated person??