[TYPO3-english] Weirdest bug i've ever seen - Imagemagick not recognized when conecting to BE from a certain ISP

Christophe Stadler cs at cs-cc.com
Mon Jun 14 18:10:57 CEST 2010

Hi Dmitry,

Well it undoubtedly works, there is nothing wrong with the typo3 install or
the server ... Practically however it's a huge problem for my student since
he can't work from home, this problem is creating a lot of problems with
something very simple, inserting images into typo3. He doesn't get
thumbnails for one, but when he inserts an image (using the standard insert
image function) he cannot set a width and height or click enlarge, these
values somehow are ignored and the image is integrated at full size without
click-enlarge. This then applies to the frontend rendering and the only way
to fix it is to log in from another 'good' connection (ie not at my students
home), delete the image records, clear the database of temp images and
reinsert the image ... So it's not just something my student can ignore.

Both the ISP and provider of course can't help saying it must be the other
ones problem

Hosting provider says it's gotta be a typo3 problem or an ISP problem (since
it only happens on this one ISP) and the ISP says it must be to do with the
hosting, webserver or typo3 ...

I'm still completely mystified as to how this can even be, would love to
find out what it is and help my student ...

On 6/14/10 4:46 PM, in article
mailman.1.1276527029.17577.typo3-english at lists.typo3.org, "Dmitry Dulepov"