[TYPO3-english] indexed_search results templating

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Mon Jun 14 15:25:13 CEST 2010

Hi, Lee.

> 1. Right now the output displays Searchword and Searchresults. Where do I
> edit the language to make Search Word and Search Results (two words).

Actually, I can't see, where you've found 'Searchword' and 'Searchresults',
but any label may be overridden this way:
plugin.tx_indexedsearch._LOCAL_LANG.<language_code>.<label> = My own text
for label
where <language_code> should be valid language code, like en, de, ru and so
on (or 'default' for default lenaguage),
<label> is valid indexed_search label, that may be found at
'typo3/sysext/indexed_search/pi/locallang.xml'

> 2. Currently the results are shown first and then the search form at the
> bottom. I would rather have the search form BEFORE the results listing.

As far as I see, the only way to do this is to place two 'indexed_search'
plugins on a pge, but with two different templates. First should contain
###RESULT_OUTPUT### template only, second one - ###SEARCH_FORM### only.
Have a look at typo3/sysext/indexed_search/pi/indexed_search.tmpl to see,
what I'm talking about.

> 3. When my results are displayed, all that shows is the page title and the
> paragraph where the search word was found. How do I get the icon, size,
> created date, modified date, and path to show as well?

Default template contains markers for icon, size, date and so on. Probably
you're using non-default template, so you need to have a look at a path from
previous item to see the names of a markers.

Good luck!