[TYPO3-english] realurl - non-ASCII char in path not allowed?

Andreas Kiessling kiessling at pluspol.info
Mon Jun 14 14:38:29 CEST 2010

Hi Dmitry,

> Just because they are stripped historically. This is how RealURL works. It
> is not going to change because it may change tons of URLs around. As a
> workaround for page titles only, you can always specify a custom segment
> and replace "&" with "and" if you have to. That would be better SEO because
> people are likely to search for "products and services", not "products&
> services".
>
> I think being simple has more advantages than being complex.

It's the first time, i got asked about this behaviour and i generally
agree that it is not a must have.

In this case, it has to do with a company name, so i understand the wish
to have this kind of url. I'd prefer to substitute the & with a u in
this very special case. For pages, i'd also suggest the way you
described and also thought of an extra field for tt_news (required and
unique) to create a customized page path. Probably, this will be the
cleanest solution.

How about a general config option for multiple fields (probably one
additional field is enough) to create the alias from with lookUpTable,
like it is done with pages
(tx_realurl_pathsegment,alias,nav_title,title,uid)? So the SEO aspect
could be served with an alternative path instead of a stripped (news) title.

Thanks for your reply,
Andreas