[TYPO3-english] realurl - non-ASCII char in path not allowed?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 13:14:33 CEST 2010

Hi!

Andreas Kiessling wrote:
> I did not find an explanation, why other chars are not allowed, only
> that they are stripped no matter what, even if everything goes through
> rawurlencode/rawurldecode.

Just because they are stripped historically. This is how RealURL works. It
is not going to change because it may change tons of URLs around. As a
workaround for page titles only, you can always specify a custom segment
and replace "&" with "and" if you have to. That would be better SEO because
people are likely to search for "products and services", not "products &
services".

I think being simple has more advantages than being complex.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 core&security teams member