[TYPO3-english] js doesnt work after template autoparser renders page

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 13 20:46:06 CEST 2010

Thijs Hakkenberg wrote:
> I've got a template with an <ul> 'switcher':
> http://kunstomhetlijf.nl/fileadmin/template/2010/index.html
> but, it doesn't work anymore when it's parsed:
> http://kunstomhetlijf.nl/index.php?id=171
>
> Do I have to add javascripts another way instead of including them in
> the template?

If you look in the HTML source of the TYPO3 generated page you'll see
that also prototype is loaded (after your jquery scripts). This is
probably done by an extension you installed.

Prototype also uses the $(... constructions, so these cause conflicts.

IIRC there is a jquery noconflict funtion which gives you a possibility
to use them together (you'll probably have to change your scripts a bit).

--
Jigal van Hemert