[TYPO3-english] CoolURI and rel="canonical"

Axel Joensson a.joensson at web.de
Sun Jun 13 19:28:03 CEST 2010

Hello,

with the following TS I write a line with the canonical URL in the
document's head:

lib.canonical = TEXT
lib.canonical {
        typolink {
                parameter = {page:uid}
                parameter.insertData = 1
                useCacheHash = 1
                addQueryString = 1
                addQueryString.method = GET
                addQueryString.exclude = id
                returnLast = url
        }
        wrap = <link rel="canonical" href="http://www.example.com/|" />
}
page.headerData.930 < lib.canonical

This should create a line like this:
<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.example.com/en/index.html" />

It usually works, but when linking back to the index documents of the
three additional languages in my website, that line reads like:

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.example.com/en.html" />

The "index", defined as a subtitle on all relevant pages and marked
"sticky" in CoolURI's LinkManager, is omitted only on these three pages.
CoolURI is configured to process subtitle, nav_title and title in that
order. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for hints,

Axel