[TYPO3-english] Newbie Questions (Menu / Templating)

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Thu Jun 10 01:11:22 CEST 2010

Am Wed, 09 Jun 2010 08:17:44 -0500 schrieb Lee M. Childress:

> I have searched the lists and also Google and have not found exactly
> what I am looking for, so I am hoping someone out there can point me in
> the right direction or offer some insight.

both questions appear every now and then and should be found by google.
perhaps you didn't get the right searchwords or you does not recognize
the correct answer.

> (1) I am trying to create a navigation menu identical to typo3.org's
> menu on the left, where the parent is always displayed at the top of the
> menu and all child documents immediately within the parent are shown. So
> far this is what I have (without showing the parent name at the top of
> the menu):

[...]
> temp.leftmenu_1.special = directory

this seems much to complicated. just try "entrylevel = 2" in a solution
like this:
temp.leftmenu = COA
temp.leftmenu {
  10 = HMENU
  10 {
    wrap = <div> | </div>
    entryLevel = 2
    1 = TMENU
    1 {
      noBlur = 1
      wrap = <ul>| </ul>
      NO {
        wrapItemAndSub = <li> | </li>
      }
      ACT < .NO
      ACT = 1
      #ACT.ATagParams = class="menu_act_a"
    }
    2 < .1
    3 < .1
    4 < .1
    5 < .1
  }
}

> (2) I am using the automaketemplate extension for templating. In my
> template script I have:
[...]
> for my home page template. I would like to have a different template for
> the rest of the site (only home page is different). How do I change
> templates?

three solutions:

TS-Conditions:
1) based on UId of pages
use something like:
content.file = fileadmin/templates/main/templates/template_sub.html
[globalVar = TSFE:id = 1]
  content.file = fileadmin/templates/main/templates/template_home.html
[global]

2) the same based on field 'layout' in pages-record
[globalVar = TSFE:page|layout = 1]
 (values from above)
more info: http://www.pi-phi.de/191.html
immediate solution without differnt HTML-templates, but you will get the
idea (and page-TS configuration) and can include the part from above.

3) additional TS-template:
the is an include-field 'include on subpages' in every typoscript-
template-record. Include a template with just the definition for the
other template:
  content.file = fileadmin/templates/main/templates/template_sub.html

> Thank you so much for any help you can provide. Although I have found
> partial answers searching the net, nothing has spelled out exactly what
> I want, at least that I have found.

please use different postings for differnt questions.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html