[TYPO3-english] Simple download extension that uses fileadmin/

Arne Schmitz arne.schmitz at gmx.net
Fri Jun 4 16:35:18 CEST 2010

Hi everyone!

After playing around with DAM for a week, and not getting it to do what
I want, I am looking for an alternative solution.

What I need: A replacement for the filelink content element, that
actually LINKS to a file in fileadmin/ instead of copying it to
uploads/. I browsed through the ext repo, but did not find such a thing
so far. Alternatively, I would be glad to get the filelink CE, to NOT
copy my files around. When I insert links with the RTE, the files are
left alone as well. So I figure there /should/ be some sensible
solution, apart from DAM.

Any suggestions?

Arne