[TYPO3-english] Problem on menus translations

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Fri Jun 4 11:15:38 CEST 2010

Hi, Antonio.

Have a look at config.sys_language_mode at TSref and it's default value:
[default] - The system will look for a translation of the page (from
"Alternative Page Language" table) and if it is not found it will fall back
to the default language and display that.

So, when you click on non-translated page, you're getting page in default
language (including menu items), so you should use 'content_fallback' value:
config.sys_language_mode = content_fallback

Or if you want to hide non-translated menu items, you may check 'Hide page
if no translation for current language exists' checkbox in page properties
of page, that you want to hide. Or set "TCAdefaults.pages.l18n_cfg = 2" in
root's page TS config - then all pages will contain this checbox set by
default (this setting won't affect alredy created pages - only new one).

Cheers.