[TYPO3-english] rewriting the folder path

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 09:45:21 CEST 2010

Hi Katja!

Katja Lampela wrote:
> the current is:
>
> www.example.com/product/item1.pdf
>
> the new will be:
>
> www.example.com/fileadmin/files/lang/product/item1.pdf
>
> Now the folder path will be much worse than it used to be. My questions
> are:
> - Is it possible to rewrite this with some .htaccess to the original?

I wouldn't do it... You will need also to make various other tricks, such
as symlink this directory to fileadmin/ to make sure that File module
works, put links manually, etc. I would use fileadmin/ and rewrite all old
paths there using mod_rewrite with HTTP code 302.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 core&security teams member