[TYPO3-english] Where to set mb_internal_encoding

hinterindien at gmx.net hinterindien at gmx.net
Tue Jun 1 14:50:23 CEST 2010

Thanks for your answer, Dmitry

> hinterindien at gmx.net wrote:
> > I converted my site to utf-8 and found out that, to work properly, php
> has to be set to mb_internal_encoding = utf-8.
>
> .htaccess?

A good idea. Inserting "php_value mbstring.internal_encoding UTF-8" to .htaccess works. But only locally. On the server we don't have the needed privileges.

> Where do I have to put it
> to make it work in BE as well?
>
> In the Install tool. See in "All configuration".

I have set [BE][forceCharset] = utf-8 in the install-tool and
['SYS']['setDBinit'] = 'SET NAMES utf8' in localconf.php.
But both don't affect the setting for phps internal_encoding

Is there anything I have missed?

Thanks
Nicolai