[TYPO3-english] Some cooluri questions

J. Schaller jorgosch at terra.es
Sat Jul 31 19:30:05 CEST 2010

Hi Oliver,

thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions!

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 13:23:44 +0100, Oliver Rowlands
<oliver at liquidlight.co.uk> wrote:

>>   2. I'd like to get rid of /blog/ in the url since it doesn't add
>> anything descriptive. How would I go about that?
>
>You can normally use the "Exclude this page from middle of a page path"
>option available in the page properties of every page. However this will
>only work if the page in question is in "the middle of a page page", I
>do no believe this will work in your situation. Without extending
>CoolURI I do not think that you will be able to solve the problem (apart
>from maybe moving your blog plugins to the home page).

I realized that CoolUri is even smarter than I thought:
http://www.example.com/1  resolves to a page from the page browser and
http://www.example.com/blog/1 resolves to a new category

So I better not touch it since this is pretty much perfect!

>>   3. My wife's blog is in Japanese. If there is any roman character in
>> the title, cooluri will just use that part for the url. However, if

>The CoolURI manual suggests using the following (though I have not
>tested it...):
>
><part>
>	<parameter>tx_ttnews[tt_news]</parameter>
>	<lookindb>
>		<to>SELECT title FROM tt_news WHERE (uid=$1 or l18n_parent=$1) AND
>sys_language_uid={L=0}</to>
>		<t3conv>1</t3conv>
>	</lookindb>
></part>

As far as I understand the query, this is the solution for having
different localizations of the same tt_news article by converting the
L-parameter (please correct me if I'm wrong), which is not my case. In
my case, Japanese is the primary and only language of a blog in UTF-8
in a multidomain setup.

I was finally able to solve this problem by replacing

<part>
      <parameter>tx_ttnews[tt_news]</parameter>
      <lookindb>
        <to>SELECT title FROM tt_news WHERE uid=$1</to>
        <t3conv>1</t3conv>
      </lookindb>
<part>

with

<part>
      <parameter>tx_ttnews[tt_news]</parameter>
      <lookindb>
        <to>SELECT title FROM tt_news WHERE uid=$1</to>
        <sanitize>1</sanitize>
      </lookindb>
<part>

which results in a URL like
http://chie.jorgo.org/kimagure-nikki/2010/07/%E4%B8%80%E6%AE%B5%E8%90%BD/30/
(it's actually a Kanji that is transformed into an entity by pasting
it into this message but will show correctly when copied into your
browser again).
I'm pretty much in awe of the power of cooluri right now!

Cheers,
Jörg