[TYPO3-english] Problem with sr_language_menu and realurl on multilingual website

David Bruchmann typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de
Thu Jul 29 20:49:18 CEST 2010

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Björn Wendeler <bjorn.wendeler at burnabit.com>
Gesendet:   Donnerstag, 29. Juli 2010 20:20:27
An:         TYPO3 English <typo3-english at lists.typo3.org>
CC:
Betreff:    Re: [TYPO3-english] Problem with sr_language_menu and
realurl on multilingual website

Hi Björn,

> it's kind of strange. Honestly, it is getting "better," but still not
> working 100% correct.
>
> Please see:
> http://www.rotorflug.com/en/contact/
> vs.
> http://www.rotorflug.com/de/contact/
> ...which should be http://www.rotorflug.com/de/kontakt/

Perhaps you use a Proxy, or some PHP-Caching?
That  would be a cache outside TYPO3 ...

> Maybe it is a good idea to not use sr_language_menu and just do the language
> switch by TypoScript?!

Perhaps it's a bit easier to find those faults without extension.
My Menu-Setup is shorter than yours extension-setup ;)

> I'm getting crazy about this detail. Maybe I'm to "German" about this little
> detail, but I would like to have it work logically and of course, not to get
> a "Google double content penalty" for this problem.

I don't believe it's a matter of nationality.

> Thanks again and cheers from Cologne, Germany,

Yeah, best regards from Munich, Germany ;)
David