[TYPO3-english] EXT lorem_ipsum with PHP >=5.3; solution: replace 'ereg_replace' with 'preg_replace' in file 'class.tx_loremipsum_wiz.php'

Stephan Kleiber typo3 at a24cms.com
Sat Jul 24 18:44:34 CEST 2010

Hi @all,

this is my first mailing in the list. So i hope it's o.k. to mail a
recently reported bug including the solution.

EXT lorem_ipsum with PHP >=5.3

If you use the extension 'lorem_ipsum' with PHP >=5.3, there are errors
in the backend, when a new content element is insertet.

caused by 'ereg_replace' in the file 'class.tx_loremipsum_wiz.php',
because ereg_replace is deprecated in 5.3

solution is to replace 'ereg_replace' with 'preg_replace' in file
'class.tx_loremipsum_wiz.php'
--> then it works with 5.3
--> also testet with 5.2.12 ... everything o.k.

i hope, this may save some typo3 beginners some minutes

as this is my first bug report in the bugtracker too, i suppose someone
else has to put the bugfix into the svn ... can anyone tell me, if i
should directly contact someone instead?

kind regards,
stephan