[TYPO3-english] Localization issue with "Hide default translation of page" and "Show page even if no translation exists" both checked

Jochem Nabuurs jochem at roquin.nl
Thu Jul 22 12:29:01 CEST 2010

Hi list,

I was wondering if the following is possible.
I have a website with dutch as the default language and english as a
second language. I've created a page in the default language which is
not translated at all. What I'd (or rather my client) like to do is show
this page in the english language, while hiding it in the dutch.

To accomplish the above, I guess I need both "Hide default translation
of page" and "Show page even if no translation exists" boxes to be
checked. But apparently the "Hide default translation of page" setting
takes precedence above the "Show page even if no translation exists"
setting.

Does anybody know of a way to accomplish the described behavior?

Thanks in advance.

Jochem Nabuurs

ROQUIN E-Solutions
The Netherlands