[TYPO3-english] Gifbuilder - GIFs for IE6 and PNG for all other browsers ?

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Thu Jul 22 00:28:39 CEST 2010

Am Tue, 20 Jul 2010 12:47:45 +0200 schrieb Christophe Stadler:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a site up and running and everthing works well, i now have 4
> stylesheets redirecting to different browsers and i managed to make the
> site look and behave the same in all browsers/platforms.
>
> However i have a big typographic page title on each page which i
> generate with gifbuilder as a transparent PNG, for various reasons i
> have to generate this header automatically via GIFbuilder otherwise i
> would use different image sources in the IE6 stylesheet.
>
> So the question is if it's possible to somehow make typo3/gifbuilder
> generate GIF's for IE6 but use PNGs for all other browsers ? As it stand
> i am getting the not so pretty green/grey background on transparent
> PNG's in explorer ...
>
> I'm not quite sure how this would work thou, i am generating the
> gifbuilder headers from my Typoscript template, is it possible to put a
> browser detection there with an IF clause ?
>
> Not sure if i'm explaining this well ...
>
> As an alternative i have tried using this hack to make the PNG's
> transparent in IE6 but didn't have much luck yet ...
> http://www.belafontecode.com/transparent-png-in-ie6-with-css-hacks-and-
alphaimageloader/

you can find a better solution with pngbehavior.htc:

http://www.pi-phi.de/55.html (in german, but the code is
international ;-) )

3.Ansatz
you need the first codeblock in your CSS-file
and the second one in the referenced file (in your TYPO3-root dir)
furthermore you need a transparent gif-file ('clear.gif', 1x1 pixel) in
the same dir.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html