[TYPO3-english] Gifbuilder - GIFs for IE6 and PNG for all other browsers ?

Christophe Stadler cs at cs-cc.com
Tue Jul 20 12:47:45 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I have a site up and running and everthing works well, i now have 4
stylesheets redirecting to different browsers and i managed to make the site
look and behave the same in all browsers/platforms.

However i have a big typographic page title on each page which i generate
with gifbuilder as a transparent PNG, for various reasons i have to generate
this header automatically via GIFbuilder otherwise i would use different
image sources in the IE6 stylesheet.

So the question is if it's possible to somehow make typo3/gifbuilder
generate GIF's for IE6 but use PNGs for all other browsers ? As it stand i
am getting the not so pretty green/grey background on transparent PNG's in
explorer ...

I'm not quite sure how this would work thou, i am generating the gifbuilder
headers from my Typoscript template, is it possible to put a browser
detection there with an IF clause ?

Not sure if i'm explaining this well ...

As an alternative i have tried using this hack to make the PNG's transparent
in IE6 but didn't have much luck yet ...
http://www.belafontecode.com/transparent-png-in-ie6-with-css-hacks-and-alpha
imageloader/