[TYPO3-english] Help migrating typo3 site to new server

Sacha Vorbeck vorbeck at TYPO3Tutor.de
Fri Jul 16 11:27:08 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Therefore, if it is possible to perform the whole process from within Typo3?
> I can see the export/import options for .t3d files -is this an option?
>
> oh, and just for fun, the versions of Typo3 are different: 4.0 on the old
> server and 4.3.3 on the new!

you could try .t3d if nothing else works but first I`d try to install
the phpMyAdmin extension to transfer the database und quixplorer or one
of the backup extensions to get the directories:
fileadmin
typo3conf
uploads

If the site is set up properly (no core changes, no evil extensions,
correct charset encoding) it should be possible to migrate the site like
this.

--
all the best,
Sacha