[TYPO3-english] Standard menus combined / nested with layer menus

Benoit Montereau bmontereau at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 16:09:50 CEST 2010

My website structure is growing fast and I need to setup a optimized
navigation menus system.

I would like to offer the speed of the "layer menus" (scrolldown menus) and
the visibility of a standard menu structure:

Example if Rubrik 1 is the current one:

Standard menu show the following

Rubrik 1
 -subr 1.1
 -subr 1.2
Rubrik 2
Rubrik 3

I would like to had on these elements scrolldown menus using css/javascript
(like http://www.l-base.de/TYPO3-Layermenus.66+M5502e36d957.0.html) to
display ALL submenus and allowing direct access to of all nodes (a good
sample of this behaviour could be found here:
http://www.grolley.ch/fr/admin/administrationcommunale/)

Should I define 2 different menus and try to combine them in the html page
or is there a way to create both structure at the same time?

Thanks in advance for your tips and help.
BM