[TYPO3-english] Formhandler and Captcha not working

Peter Gallagher pgallagher at electricretina.com
Tue Jul 13 21:28:31 CEST 2010

I am trying to get the formhandler (0.97) to work with sr_freeCap
(1.2.3) on TYPO3 (4.3.2).

I have added the form fields and markers to the template as stated in
the manual:
  <label for="freecapfield">###SR_FREECAP_NOTICE###</label>
   ###SR_FREECAP_CANT_READ###
   <input type="text" size="15" id="freecapfield"
name="formhandler[freecapfield]" 		title="###SR_FREECAP_NOTICE###" value="">
      ###SR_FREECAP_IMAGE###

and added the following to my TS:

plugin.Tx_Formhandler.settings.predef.contact{
//validate captcha
   validators.2.class = Tx_Formhandler_Validator_Default
   validators.2.config.fieldConf{
     freecapfield.errorCheck.1 = srFreecap
   }
}

When I turn on debugging I see that formhandler calls the function:
Calling class "Tx_Formhandler_ErrorCheck_SrFreecap"

It does state that it is in step 2 of the form processing but the form
just reloads with a new captcha image and no message is sent.

Any ideas why this doesn't work?

p.s. the same this happen with the captcha extension.

-Peter Gallagher