[TYPO3-english] License of the introduction package

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jul 13 13:17:04 CEST 2010

>> b) There is an introduction package that doesn't make use of TV but
>> of another much cleaner templating approach
>
> I do not want to say that TV is the ultimate king because it has its
> own bad points (XML is the worst). However I would never call
> automaketemplate a much cleaner solution. In my opinion "point and
> click" templating is much better in the modern world than doing hand
> work with markers.
>
> Jetts is going to have TV–like mapping combined with
> automaketemplate–like TS. I think it will become a hit soon. I saw a
> demo at T3UNI10 and I was very impressed. I think of switching from
> TV to Jetts because I liked its simple interface more than current
> TV's interface. And it does not need XML.

It's cleaner because it hasn't got the technical drawbacks of TV.
Of course "point and click" gives a better user experience, but my point was the "CSV values within XML structures within one database field" approach and that you have to "buy" these drawbacks to get the UI.

But you are right about Jetts being a promising candidate for a successor of TV.

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de