[TYPO3-english] License of the introduction package

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jul 13 11:08:44 CEST 2010

> Don't reinvent wheels which are already existing and working perfect.
> Go here and you will find documentation which is working excellent
> and we are just translating stuff from here into ASIAN Languages so
> that local people can understand more about the power of TYPO3.

But you are forcing people into using TemplaVoila if they want to get this "excellent" documentation. Which is in fact far away form "working perfect".

So could you please accept that:

a) From a technical point of view for many people TV is nothing they would ever recommend especially when it comes to DB structures
b) There is an introduction package that doesn't make use of TV but of another much cleaner templating approach
c) This introduction package will get the documentation as soon as it is ready

Meanwhile you could

a) help out to make this documentation as "excellent" as yours
b) stop complaining about the fact that it is not available yet
c) try to understand that the introduction package was never meant to be the base of a custom website

Thx in advance

Joey

PS: Especially c) is a topic that has been discussed heavily at T3UXW09 and I have been at least part of the discussion about that topic, while the package itself was not the business of my team. The decision was to not go for a mass compatible template to get umpteen thousand websites based on it, but for a demo package that shows people who are interested how things are done in the TYPO3 world. I guess this is the major difference between what you want and what the package actually is. And this is one of the reasons for the license it has got.

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bunnyfield