[TYPO3-english] License of the introduction package

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Tue Jul 13 08:38:51 CEST 2010

Again Susanne

Don't reinvent wheels which are already existing and working perfect.
Go here and you will find documentation which is working excellent and we
are just translating stuff from here into ASIAN Languages so that local
people can understand more about the power of TYPO3.

I am writing this from a SIPA seminar at Phuket about Licenses for
OpenSource and Proprietary Software to promote the use of Free Open Source
Software. We came here with our "Elefant" Team of 18 People. Our Director
(she is Thai) was presenting TYPO3 to participants and officals. She used
the WEC/T3Pack Package and of course all Training stuff provided by WEC.

The people are happy to have a system which is so well documented and so
easy to use. They especially liked those small swf files on the WEC website
demonstrating all steps without annoying sound.
http://webempoweredchurch.org/support/classes/
Test it out!

Some tried to setup the intropackage to while we were here in the morning
but they all switched to WEC because it is well documented in very easy
steps and in English.

Susanne, you do a great job and we like and use also the videos uploaded,
but if it comes to train people it is the framework for templavoila which
fascinates all of them as all the rest they know already in a similar way
from other CMS.

Thanks for inviting me to do the documentation, but I have absolutely no
need in a documentation of standard templating here and also we try to
support the WEC effort, even most people of us are still non christians,
buddhist and muslim etc. Here people don't care so much about the content
provided in a package, but about the usability for everybody and this is why
they are using WEC (TemplaVoila) or in the Pattaya Area they are using YAML
(also made with TemplaVoila)

We concentrate to discover the markets here in Asia and do of course also
projects from Europe to finance all our efforts! The only request I actually
have is that on TYPO3.org will be a list to all those Packages and Training
Resources, which are provided FREE in GNU Terms. This would reduce your
workload to setup another spot for Training Materials a lot. Simply Manage
the know how instead of creating it new - my suggestion! - Pick up the
fruits from the trees which have been planted years ago by other big
promoter of TYPO3.

Andi