[TYPO3-english] License of the introduction package

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Tue Jul 13 03:20:48 CEST 2010

+1 Thanks Phillip

If we want to attracked more people
if we want to get more customers
if we want to show REALLY what TYPO3 could be and what it means SHARE TO
INSPIRE

than this inspiration should be visible on TYPO3.org showing lots of links
to packages which

give you REALLY FREEdom to use them in the the sense of GNU/GPL like:

1. http://templavoila.busynoggin.com
This framework is provided free of charge by Busy Noggin, Inc., a web
development company, and was authored by Ron Hall of Busy Noggin.

2 . http://demo.webempoweredchurch,org
We offer a *free and open-source web-ministry system* called "Web-Empowered
Church" or just "WEC." The WEC Starter Package with its *many powerful
ministry-enhancing features* comes with free online documentation, training,
and support.

3. http://www.mediatech.net/typo3_templates.html
*Zen Wireframe v3.5* is a multi-language TYPO3 site starter for commercial
web sites, company Intranets and general usage, licensed under the terms of
the GPL<http://typo3/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_General_Public_License>
 and MIT <http://typo3/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIT_License> licenses.

4. http://t3pack.com
same like WEC but to webempower people and business even they are not in a
church

etc.

--------
All these Packages are complete FREE in the sense of FREEDOM and you can
simply use them for your business and as often as you want!
All of these Packages have a very good documentation, which could be a very
good example for typo3.org website to.
All those "companies" and "organisations" promote TYPO3 and create lots of
new users.
3 of those Packages are even compatible with each other 1,2,4 as
people.companies, organizations building them coodinate and work together to
do more or less ONE great thing - Promoting TYPO3 to people, companies and
organziations which have NO qualified staff to PROGRAM around in Typoscript
and elsewhere.

The Introduction Package is a great package and gives great examples but
unfortunately the license restrictions are not what they should to be for a
real FREE Open Source No. 1 CMS. It looks more like people try to avoide
making it to easy to get TYPO3 running and modified. ;-)

To understand the real power of TYPO3 you need a GREAT documentation.

Actually you could setup all CMS like you do with the TYPO3 Introduction
Package! Click and go! and most like Drupal or Joomla, eZ do it already
since many years. But what really makes the HUGE difference to all those
Packages from other CMS in comparison to the 3 named Packages based on the
great framework for templavoila and Gregs Wireframes for standard templating
is the documentation.

It is ONLY the very good documentation and the step by step guidance on how
to modify and customize one of these packages which makes them really useful
and a really great demonstration of what TYPO3 could actually do for most
companies around the world.

It could make you UNDERSTANDING your website. Unfortunately this most
important part for an introduction package is missing!

"HELP TO DO IT BY MYSELF" (Maria Montessori)

Will bring you lots of customers.
empowering others should be the goal to create more revenue to discover all
those areas in the world which haven't actually known anything about TYPO3,
or who already got frustrated by this standard approach on how to setup a
website from scratch until now, and there are a lot!

Teach people how to fly the TYPO3 plane and land a great success with a
great system.
If they are happy - and they will, than they will come by themselves to
learn more and spread the world all around the world about it!

So please give those Introduction Package at least a doumentation which
guides you in power steps and shows you what it means:

"Inspire to share"

Andi

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 7:18 AM, Philipp Gampe <typo3.list at philippgampe.info