[TYPO3-english] License of the introduction package

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jul 13 00:28:22 CEST 2010

> As great as the Introduction package is and it is really nice, without
> doubt, but it was actually only a reinvention and waste of energy as
> the documentation does not fulfill what a documentation is supposed
> to do.

It's not meant to be a documentation but a simple introduction package, to demonstrate the most basic features of TYPO3.
It's not meant to be the base for a "1-minute-out-of-the-box-website" but just a kind of presentation and it is not based on TV, YAML or any other third party stuff, because these are not part of the TYPO3 core at all.
As Ron already pointed out: This is why it was necessary to build the introduction package this way as "the" common TYPO3 package, since all the other available packages had different target groups and goals.

What I really appreciate is, that they finally decided to not go for TV so people can see, that there is a future without "futuristic template building" as well.

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de