[TYPO3-english] Introduction on which level? (Was: License of the introduction package)

Heath Kouns hkouns at vt.edu
Tue Jul 13 00:19:56 CEST 2010

> "...in the last months I noticed tendencies to build up TYPO to an experts-
> only system: documentation just for geeks (high tech level and hidden in
> 'secret places'), extensions and patches which exists only in forge, ..."

I have noticed the same thing.  Is this the future for Typo3?  Is Typo3
going to be an "Experts only" tool?  Does this correspond to, what appears
on the surface to be, a decline in interest for Typo3 since 2006 (even in
Germany), based on Google's search trending tool?
http://www.google.com/trends?q=typo3

I guess this might have other causes... but if you compare it to other CMS,
like Joomla,  Typo3 certainly doesnt apear to be gaining any ground.
http://www.google.com/trends?q=typo3,joomla

I realize that you don't want everyone installing Typo3 and thinking that
EVERY feature they have ever wanted is available at the touch of a button...
BUT if only experts can use the system then you lose the broad base of
support and then those same experts can decide they can use another CMS to
achieve the results they need for a certain site... (i.e. because it is
easier, because it is already in a starter package, etc.)    Typo3 would be
relegated to only being used on the "tough" sites that cant be done
otherwise...

Regards,

Heath Kouns  (Not an EXPERT... but a PowerUser and proponent of Typo3)