[TYPO3-english] Disable certain news categories in BE on a per-page basis (page TSconfig)

Jochem Nabuurs jochem at roquin.nl
Fri Jul 9 12:42:06 CEST 2010

Hi List,

I'd like to know if it's possible to disable certain categories in the
category listing, when editing or adding a news item.

Isn't there an option like the TCEFORM removeItems setting in page
TSconfig, where you can specify which id's will be removed from certain
fields/selectboxes/... .

I know that it's possible to do this on user-level by editing a user,
selecting the tab where the tt_news categories are displayed, select the
allowed categories and save the user.

Kind regards,

Jochem Nabuurs