[TYPO3-english] License of the introduction package

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Jul 9 08:18:33 CEST 2010

Hi!

Andreas Becker wrote:
> I think that the CC License is about the CONTENT presented on the website
> itself and not about the system and how it has been setup - i.e. the
> TS/extensions etc. So you should be able to reuse the whole thing but need
> to delete all the presented content and you will have a clean starter
> Package.

TS also can be CC in this case. It can be looked like "interpreted
language", which does not have to be GPL if the interpreter is GPL.

I think the idea was to protect the design, texts and some other parts from
cloning. I think it is fair. People put a lot of effort into this project.
But I think licensing question should be clarified (i.e. CC for
content/design, GPL for the rest). This would be good.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security teams member