[TYPO3-english] License of the introduction package

Philipp Gampe typo3.list at philippgampe.info
Thu Jul 8 20:24:07 CEST 2010

Hi List,

I tried the introduction package lately. Everything is fine and it comes
with good examples, but the licence, placed on the bottom right-hand-
corner, made me wonder.

It is Creative Commons:
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.5/ch/deed.en_GB>

And this is a really strict version. It does not allow any modification.

I thought that the introduction package was supposed to make it easy to
get a website running. IMHO this would be to install this package and
then go and alter/remove the default texts – tadaa you have a working
website.

Also it is not clear what is covered by this license. The core itself is
GPL, it can't be CC.
Left are the texts and/or the template + typoscript. But at least the
template and the typoscript are supposed to serf as examples. But how
would you do that without "building upon this work."

The situation is a little confusing to me and I would be glad if someone
could clarify it a bit.

Best regards
Phil