[TYPO3-english] Count Macina banners impressions not correct ???

Albert van der Veen albert.van.der.veen at xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 7 15:51:30 CEST 2010

Hi Jochem,

I had the same issue on a website recently. To find out what generated
the 'clicks' I added a log function to the macina_banners ext.
Turned out almost ALL of the traffic is generated by search bots.

Based on the log data I added a simple check to the part of the plugin
that updates the counter. If no referer is present or the useragent
contains certain strings, the counter is not updated as the 'click' is
generated by a bot.
This may not be a 100% accurate result, but at least it's closer.

If you want to try it out, let me know and I'll send you the modified
ext. It's based on version 1.5.0, but according to the changelog version
1.5.1 is the same except for the removal of debug code.

grtz,
Albert